Support for those living in a Council Tax Band A-C home.
Who is the scheme for?
The Scottish Government is offering owner occupiers, private and social tenants and registered private sector landlords a rebate of up to £5,800 towards installing eligible energy efficiency measures for properties that are in council tax bands A to C.
What does the scheme cover?
There are a variety of measures covered. The starting point is that any measures must be recommended in a pre-install Green Deal Advice Report for the property. Funding is divided into categories with up to £500 available for installing a new boiler, up to £400 for insulation measures and up to £300 for other measures like draught proofing or secondary glazing. For installations of solid wall insulation 75% of the total cost of the work, up to £4,500 is also available. Additional premiums are also available to households which are classified as living in a remote rural area of Scotland. Applicants who install at least one eligible measure and claim funding through the scheme are also entitled to a maximum of £100 towards the cost of their Green Deal Advice Report. The scheme is available on a first come, first served basis and is subject to available funding.
How do I choose an installer?
Work carried out under the scheme must be completed by an installer who is Green Deal certified specifically for the measure you wish to install. You can find a suitable installer via the Green Deal Approved Register.
What is the process?
- Call Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282. They can advise on all sources of funding you could benefit from and create a referral for the scheme.
- Once you have received an email with your unique referral number, apply via the Energy Saving Trust website.
- Your rebate voucher should be sent to you within five working days. You will be notified if there are further checks required.
- When you have received your voucher you can contact a Green Deal assessor to get a Green Deal Advice Report carried out at your property (if you do not have one already).
- Once this has been done check that the measures you applied for as listed on your voucher are recommended on the EPC portion of your Green Deal Advice Report. If your chosen measure(s) is not recommended please call the Services Delivery team on 0808 108 9414.
- You can now arrange to start work on your installation. It is strongly recommend you obtain three quotes. Your chosen installer must be Green Deal certified.
- After the work has been completed arrange for a post installation EPC to be done at your property. This may automatically happen if you are also taking out Green Deal finance.
- Claim your rebate by submitting your completed voucher before the voucher expiry date along with invoices for the work. The aim is to process complete claims within ten working days. Incomplete claims will take longer.
- You can also apply for an interest free loan which can be combined with the HEEPS: Cashback scheme to help with the costs of your work. For more information and to request an application form call Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282.